M-RUBBER 101 – Multi Surface Rubber Primer
This single component, easy to use, solvent free abrasion resistant urethane elastomer has been specifically developed as an abrasion resistant lining for repairs to a wide range of rubber surfaces such as nitrile, neoprene & natural rubber.
- Used as sealer for Gaskets
- Lining of process equipment such as chutes, hoppers fans and pumps
Please contact us to discuss your project before purchasing this material to confirm suitability.
- All oil and grease must be removed from the surface using an appropriate cleaner such as MEK or similar type solvent.
- All surfaces must be abrasive blasted to ISO 8501/4 Standard SA2.5 (SSPC SP10/ NACE 2) minimum blast profile of 75 microns using an angular.
- Once blast cleaned the surface must be degreased and cleaned using MEK or similar type solvent.
- All oil and grease must be removed from the surface using an appropriate cleaner such as MEK.
- All surfaces must be mechanically abraded using handheld grinders to ISO 8501/4 ST3 (SSPC SP3 ST3).
- Once abraded, the surface must be degreased and cleaned using MEK or similar type material.
PLEASE NOTE: Soluble salt contaminated surfaces the substrate must be pressure washed with clean water and checked for salt contamination this process may need to be repeated several times.,
- Remove any surface contamination and degrease with MEK.
- Use a suitable carding tool or MBX bristle blaster to roughen the surface before brushing away any debris.
- Once all surfaces, metallic or rubber have been prepared, apply a Multi-surface Primer to all surfaces with a stippling action avoiding ponding. Leave to cure until touch dry and for a minimum of 20 minutes at 20°C (68°F).
Prior to mixing please ensure the following:
- The base component is at a temperature between 15-25°C.
- Do not apply the material when the ambient or substrate temperature is below 5°C.
- M-RUBBER 101 is supplied as a single component liquid, shake well before use.
|Mixing Ratio||By Weight |
|Sag Resistance||Nil at||2.5 cm|
|Coverage||500g will cover 0.46m² at a
nominal thickness of 1mm (not
allowing for losses)
|Cure Times at 20°C||Minimum overcoating time|
Maximum overcoating time
Water/ sea water immersion
|Storage Life||Unopened and stored in dry conditions (15-30°C)||1 year|
|Tensile Strength||Tested to BS EN ISO 37 ||100 kg/cm² (1450psi)
|Tear Strength||Tested to BS EN ISO 34 ||4690kg/m (262pli)
|Elongation||Tested to BS EN ISO 37||900%
|Shore A Hardness||Tested to BS EN ISO 868 ||85|
|Linear Shrinkage||500x 50x 10mm <0.05%|
|90 degree Peel Adhesion to Steel||Tested to ASTM D429|
(Abrasive blasted and primed)
| 3132 kg/m (175pli)
|180 degree Peel Adhesion to Rubbers||Tested to ASTM D413|
(toughened and primed)
|Neoprene 609 kg/m 34 pli (TF)
Nitrile 377 kg/m 21 pli (CS)
Natural 215 kg/m 12 pli (CS)
EPDM 428 kg/m 24 pli (CS)
TF = Tape failure
CS = Cohesive failure in substrate
|Los Angeles Abrasion ||Test (modified)|
After 7 days cure at 20 ̊ C using granite and 150# silicon carbide.
|Volume loss per week 0.92%|
|Dielectric Strength||Tested to ASTM D149||16KV/mm|
|Heat Resistance||Suitable for long term water
immersion at temperatures up
to 50°C and intermittent contact
water contact up to 80°.
Resistant to dry heat up to 120°C
|The product resists attack by a |
wide variety of inorganic acids