M-FLOOR 103 - Anti-Static Epoxy Floor Coating
This Anti-static epoxy floor coating is formulated using the latest 100% solids, solvent-free epoxy resins. When mixed the product is simple to apply with a brush or roller.
Suitable for areas of use where the resistance of fewer than 10⁸ ohms is required as a measure to control static electricity. Once cured, M-FLOOR 103 has a tough and easily cleaned high gloss finish that is resistant to a wide range of chemicals.
With the addition of an aggregate, the product is suitable for a variety of anti-slip options.
- Explosion risk areas
- Hospitals/ operating theatres
- Chemical factories
- Electrical component manufacture
Please contact us to discuss your project before purchasing this material to confirm suitability.
- All oil and grease must be removed from the surface using an appropriate cleaner such as MEK or similar type solvent.
- All surfaces must be abrasive blasted to ISO 8501/4 Standard SA2.5 (SSPC SP10/ NACE 2) minimum blast profile of 75 microns using an angular.
- Once blast cleaned the surface must be degreased and cleaned using MEK or similar type solvent.
- All surfaces must be coated before gingering or oxidation.
- Concrete shall be a minimum of 21 days old and/or the residual moisture content shall be below 6%.
- Degrease the repair area with MEK or similar solvent to remove any surface contamination, using angular grit, grit-blast to SO 8501/4 Standard SA2.5 (SSPC SP10/ NACE 2) and a minimum blast profile of 75 microns.
- Once blast cleaned, the surface must be dust free and cleaned again using MEK or similar solvent.
- Do not apply to wet or uncured concrete surfaces.
- Do not apply at temperatures of 3C or less.
- Mix and apply M-FLOOR 103 at a nominal rate of 0.2Kg/m2.
- Allow the primer to cure for a minimum of 2 – 4 hours @ 20C prior to the coating application.
- Pour the contents of the CURING AGENT tin into the BASE container and thoroughly mix, preferably by mechanical means until a uniform colour is achieved.
Brush & Roller
- Pour the mixed material into a paint kettle or paint tray (this will maximise the usable life).
- Apply at a nominal rate of 0.25 to 0.3kg/m².
- After a minimum of 14 hours and before a maximum of 48 hours, apply a second coat at the same rate.
- Should a non-slip finish be required, then broadcast an appropriate aggregate such as Quartz, immediately after the first coat. Brush off excess aggregate the following day, prior to applying the second coat.
(#only approximations to BS4800/RAL colours can be achieved)
|Coverage ||0.25 – 0.30 Kg/m2/coat|
|Cure Times at 20°C||Tack free time @20c|
Hard dry time @20c
Full chemical resistance @20c
|Adhesion strength ||Concrete:|
|3.9MPa (concrete failure)
|Chemical Resistance||Excellent:||dilute acids
oil, petrol, diesel,
|Storage Life||Store in dry conditions, out of direct sunlight, at temperatures between 10°C and 25°C.||Minimum shelf life of 12 months when stored in original, unopened containers in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions|