M-FLOOR 100 - High Build Epoxy Floor Paint
Is designed to be used in lower temperatures or when a fast return to service is required. It is a two-pack solvent-free high-build epoxy resin system for application as a heavy duty floor coating for concrete, steel and other substrates.
M-FLOOR 100 – High Build Epoxy Floor Paint will provide a chemical and abrasion resistant smooth gloss finish to which M-FLOOR 901 – Medium Quartz Aggregate, M-FLOOR 902 – Course Quartz Aggregate or M-FLOOR 900 – Fine Quartz Aggregate can be added if required to produce a safe, non-slip finish. M-FLOOR 100 High Build Epoxy Floor Paint is low odour during application and produces a seamless, hard wearing, hygienic floor finish also available in a standard grade for use in summer months/warmer conditions.
- As a faster drying floor coating system when a quick return to service is required or when temperatures are low.
- As a waterproof, tough, chemical resistant floor or wall coating in food preparation areas, breweries, abattoirs, bottling factories, warehouses, etc.
- As an internal lining for concrete, steel or brickwork storage tanks containing oils, chemicals, water, raw sewage, etc. It is particularly suitable for chemical bunds.
Please contact us to discuss your project before purchasing this material to confirm suitability.
- Concrete should at least 21 days old and/or the residual moisture content shall be below 6%.
- Ensure that the concrete is clean and free from dust, laitance, grease, oil, curing compound and existing paint finishes etc.
- Blow holes and defective concrete shall be made good using a proprietary repair compound.
- Block work shall be sealed.
- Suitable mechanical treatment such as vacuum grit blasting is the preferred treatment prior to application as this ensures a mechanical ‘key’ for the coating.
- Steel surfaces should be shot blasted or grit blasted to a nominal Sa 2.5 Swedish standard.
- All dust and grease should be removed prior to coating application.
- If a delay is likely to occur between blasting and application then it is recommended that a coat of appropriate primer material is applied as holding primer to obviate flash rusting.
- Should not be applied to wet or uncured concrete surfaces.
- Should not be applied at temperatures of 3°C or less.
- Pour the contents of the CURING AGENT container into the BASE container and thoroughly mix, preferably by mechanical means until a uniform colour is achieved.
- Apply by brush, roller or airless spray at a nominal rate of 0.25 to 0.3kg/m². After a minimum of 14 hours and before a maximum of 48 hours, apply a second coat at the same rate.
- If a non-slip finish be required, then broadcast an appropriate aggregate such as Quartz or Dynagrip immediately after the first coat.
- Brush off excess aggregate the following day, prior to applying the
|Pot Life||@ 20°C: 45 Minutes
@ 10°C: 90 Minutes
|Colours Grey, Red (BS4800 or RAL colours on request)||Grey, Red
(BS4800 or RAL colours on request)
|Coverage: A 5kg pack is sufficient to treat 8.3-10.0 m2 of surface with the recommended two coat treatment, providing an overall d.f.t. of 400-480 microns.||0.25-0.30kg/m²/coat|
|Tack free time ||@ 20°C: 6 hours
|Hard dry time||@ 20°C: 10 hours|
|Full chemical resistance||@ 20°C: 7 days
|Adhesion strength to concrete||3.9 MPa (concrete failure)|
|Adhesion strength to mild steel||>12 MPa|
|Storage Life||Store in dry conditions, out of direct sunlight, at|
temperatures between 10°C and 25°C.
|Minimum shelf life of 12
months when stored in original, unopened containers in
accordance with manufacturer’s instructions.
|Curing||Minimum of 24 hours @ 20°C prior to light foot traffic
48 hours @ 20° prior to vehicular trafficking
7 days cure @ 20°C is recommended prior to exposure to chemicals.