Existing Concrete and Brick Diesel Bund area was porous and leaking due to prolonged spill contact with diesel during tank filling.
- The concrete was steam cleaned and any loose friable material was removed using diamond grinders and hand scrapers.
- Due to high moisture content readings M-PRIME 104 – Damp Tolerant Concrete Primer which is suitable for concrete with a moisture reading below 25% was selected to seal the concrete before any coatings could be applied.
- Once the Primer had cured, a basecoat of M-CHEM 100 – Chemical Resistant Epoxy Coating was applied by brush and roller at a minimum thickness of 300 microns. Whilst the basecoat was still wet M-FLOOR 900 – Fine Quartz Aggregate was broadcast into the coating to provide a slip resistant surface and allowed to dry.
- When the basecoat was dry enough to walk on, any excess aggregate was brushed off and vacuumed before the topcoat of M-CHEM 100 could applied. The application of the topcoat should be thick enough that the aggregate is slightly exposed (typically 200 microns).
- M-CHEM 100 – Chemical Resistant Epoxy coating is also suitable for Chemical Bund Lining and is often used as Acid Bund Lining for dilute acids.