M-CORR 100 – Chemical Resistant Epoxy Coating
Is 2 pack solvent free epoxy coating with exceptionally high build capabilities. The material is tolerant to moisture and suitable for applications where surface preparation is less than perfect.
M-CORR 100 – CHEMICAL RESISTANT EPOXY COATING is designed for the long-term corrosion protection of steel surfaces in marine, coastal and industrial environments.
- External coating for pumps and valves
- Marine jetties
- Internal and external pipe protection
- Tank lining and coating
- Steel work protection
Please contact us to discuss your project before purchasing this material to confirm suitability.
- All oil and grease must be removed from the surface using an appropriate cleaner such as MEK or similar type solvent.
- All surfaces must be abrasive blasted to ISO 8501/4 Standard SA2.5 (SSPC SP10/ NACE 2) minimum blast profile of 75 microns using an angular.
- Once blast cleaned the surface must be degreased and cleaned using MEK or similar type solvent.
- All surfaces must be coated before gingering or oxidation.
- All surfaces must be hydro-blasted using clean water at 12,000 psi (850bar) to NACE 5 (SSPC SP13 WJ3-WJ1).
- All surfaces must be coated before gingering or oxidation occurs.
- All oil and grease must be removed from the surface using an appropriate cleaner such as MEK.
- All surfaces must be mechanically abraded using handheld grinders to ISO 8501/4 ST3 (SSPC SP3 ST3).
- Once abraded, the surface must be degreased and cleaned using MEK or similar type material.
- All surfaces must be repaired before gingering or oxidation occurs.
PLEASE NOTE: Soluble salt contaminated surfaces the substrate must be pressure washed with clean water and checked for salt contamination this process may need to be repeated several times.
Prior to mixing please ensure the following:
- The base component is at a temperature between 15-25°C.
- Do not apply the material when the ambient or substrate temperature is below 5°C.
- Transfer the contents of the Activator unit into the Base container.
- Using a low speed electric paddle mixer, mix the 2 components until a uniform material free of any streaks is achieved.
- Once mixing is complete use the mixed paste as soon possible after mixing.
- Use all mixed material within 20-25 minutes at 20°C.
Brush & Roller
- Pour the mixed material into a paint kettle or paint tray (this will maximise the usable life).
- Stripe coat all edges, joints & corners.
- Once the stripe coat has cured and is capable of being overcoated, apply a basecoat at a minimum wet film thickness 250 microns.
- Once the basecoat has cured sufficiently, approximately 4 hours at 20°C, apply a topcoat at a minimum wet film thickness of 250 microns.
|Highly structured thixotropic liquid
|Mixing Ratio||By Weight |
|Sag Resistance||Nil at||400 microns|
|Coverage||2 coat system to properly prepared surfaces at 400 microns:||4m² per ltr per coat|
|Cure Times at 20°C||Minimum overcoating time|
Maximum overcoating time
Water/ sea water immersion
|Storage Life||Unopened and stored in dry conditions (15-30°C)||5 years|
|Abrasion Resistance||Taber CS17 Wheels/1 Kg load||138mg loss/1000 cycles
0.22cc loss/1000 cycles
|Adhesion||Tensile Shear to ASTM D1002 on abrasive blasted mild steel with 75 micron profile||194 kg/ cm² (2750 psi)
|Compressive Strength||Tested to ASTM D 695||649kg/cm² (9200psi)
|Impact Resistance||Tested to ASTM G14||2.0 joules|
|Cathodic Disbondment||Tested to ISO 21809-3:2016||28 days, 1.5v, 3% NaCl
|Corrosion Resistance||Tested to ASTM B117||5000 hours|
|Flexural Strength||Tested to ASTM D790||522kg/cm² (7400psi)
|Hardness||Shore D to ASTM D2240||80|
|Heat Resistance||Suitable for use in immersed conditions at temperatures up to:|
Suitable for use in dry conditions at temperatures up to dependant on load:
Hydrochloric Acid 20%
Phosphoric Acid 30%
Sodium Hydroxide 50%
Sulphuric acid 20%