M-CORR 600 - Rubberised Corrosion Resistant Coating
This is a single pack solvent based high build acrylic waterproof coating and is supplied ready to use. The material is ideal for waterproofing flat steel roofs, steel and concrete structures and external tank surfaces.
The product has high build properties allowing it to be applied up to 1mm thickness in one coat.
Once applied the product is shower resistant in 15 minutes and will offer long-term UV stable corrosion protection.
- Steel roof refurbishment
- External coating for storage tanks
- Lining for concrete tanks
- Corrosion barrier for steel work
Please contact us to discuss your project before purchasing this material to confirm suitability.
- All surfaces should be cleaned appropriately and must be free from mould, moss, algae, dust and debris.
- The surface of the roof must be pressure washed at a minimum 2000psi and then dried off using squeegees or allowed to dry overnight.
- Concrete and porous surfaces – All surfaces must be primed using M-CHEM 100 applied at a wet film thickness of 150 microns.
- Plywood and wooden surfaces – All surfaces must be primed using M-CHEM 100 a low viscosity epoxy primer applied at a wet film thickness of 150 microns.
- Metal surfaces – All surfaces must be primed using M-CORR 200 a low viscosity solvent based epoxy primer applied at a wet film thickness of 150 microns.
- Bituminous, Asphalt or Mineral Felt surfaces – All surfaces must be primed using an appropriate low viscosity solvent based acrylic primer at a wet film thickness of 100 microns.
Prior to mixing please ensure the following:
- The base component is at a temperature between 15-25°C.
- Do not apply the material when the ambient or substrate temperature is below 5°C.
- M-CORR 600 is a single component material.
- Using a low speed electric paddle mixer ensure you have a consistent mix of acrylic emulsion.
- Once mixing is complete use the mixed paste as soon possible after mixing.
Brush & Roller
- Apply the 1st coat of material using a medium pile roller at a wet film thickness of 750 microns.
- While the coating is still wet lay 100gm glass fibre chop strand matting onto the surface.
- Back roll a thin layer of 554 RB membrane onto the surface to ensure the matting is fully encapsulated.
- Allow to cure for approximately 8 hours (20°C).
- Apply a 2nd coat at a wet film thickness of 750 microns.
|Appearance||Single Component||Thixotropic acrylic emulsion
|Mixing Ratio||Single Pack||Ready to use|
|Sag Resistance||Nil at||750 microns|
|Coverage||Can be applied in a range of thicknesses dependent on application ||300 microns WFT 3.33m² per ltr
500 microns WFT 2m² per ltr
750 microns WFT 1.33m² per ltr
|Cure Times||Touch dry @ 20°C||2 hours
|Storage Life||Unopened and stored in dry conditions (15-30°C)||5 years|
|Tensile Strength||ASTM 412||32kg/cm² (460 psi)|
|Elongation||Tested to ASTM D412||140%
|Direct Pull Adhesion||Tested to ASTM D4541||28kg/cm² (400 psi)|
|Water Vapour Permeability||Tested to ASTM D1653||2 x 10⁴ perm.cm|
|Heat Resistance||Suitable for use in dry conditions at temperatures up to:||100°C