M-CRETE 600 – Concrete Expansion Joint Filler
Is a pouring grade, two part, pitch free polyurethane sealant for internal and external expansion joint sealing. M-CRETE can be used for construction joints in concrete paved areas, docks, container depots, industrial factories, and warehousing.
The product has very high adhesion to most materials when used with a suitable epoxy primer.
M-CRETE 600 – Concrete Expansion Joint Filler is cold applied and is therefore economic to use on small run jobs such as remedial re-sealing of joints in busy areas such as loading yards and hardstanding’s.
- Used for Sealing Construction & Expansion Joints in Concrete
- All joints should be completely dry and free from all traces of dirt, dust grease and any previous sealants and other foreign matter.
- Cleaning may be carried out by grit blasting, grinding, sawing or water jetting.
- Wire brush must only be used for the removal of filler boards.
- In all cases a clean bonding surface must be obtained.
- Joint sides must be parallel and straight. Spalled joints should be prepared with an appropriate repair mortar such as M-CRETE 200 – Heavy Duty Epoxy Screed
- Once all preparation work is complete, place into the joint a bond breaker or foam backing rod to form the correct cross section for the joint sealant. And to ensure M-CRETE 600 – Concrete Expansion Joint Filler does not bond to the base of the expansion joint.
- All joint faces should be primed with the M-CRETE 600P – Surface Primer, care being taken to ensure complete coverage.
- After priming allow half an hour for the solvent to evaporate. If application of M-CRETE 600 is delayed for more than 2 hours after priming, joints should be re-primed.
- Optimum performance will be achieved by sealing joints that are dry.
Prior to mixing please ensure the following:
- The base component is at a temperature between 15-25°C.
- Do not apply the material when the ambient or substrate temperature is below 4°C or less than 3°C above dew point.
- Mix both Part-A and part-B together in full units as supplied. For small quantities us a mixing ratio of 3.5:1 by volume or 4.5:1 by weight
- Stir the contents of Pack B and add the entire contents to Pack A and stir for a full five minutes, preferably using a slow speed electric drill (max 500 r.p.m.) with a mixer paddle, until a completely homogeneous mix is obtained.
- Take care to avoid including excess air.
- Mixing is made easier if the Pack B is added and mixed in two stages
Use all mixed material within 25 – 35 minutes at 20°C.
- Pour or gun apply immediately into the primed joint.
- Current practice requires that the sealant shall be poured to a level between 3mm (Summer) and 6mm (Winter) below the wearing concrete surface.
|Mixing Ratio||By weight: |
|Coverage per 4.5ltr||Joint depth x width x mm|
10 x 10
10 x 15
10 x 20
10 x 25
10 x 30
15 x 15
15 x 20
15 x 25
15 x 30
20 x 20
20 x 25
20 x 30
25 x 25
25 x 30
|Cure Times at 20°C||Foot Traffic|
|24 hours |
|Storage Life||Unopened and stored in dry conditions (15-30°C)||18 Months|
|Movement||Movement Accommodation Factor||+/- 25%|
|Adhesion||Tested to BS 5212||100% at 20°C|
|Resilience||Tested to BS 5212|
|Hardness||Tested to ASTM D2240||Shore A 25|
|Chemical Resistance||The product resists attack by a wide variety of low concentration industrial chemicals:|