M-CORR 200 - Surface Tolerant Solvented Primer & Coating
M-CORR 200 Surface Tolerant Solvented Primer and Coating is a solvent based material with a high solids content.
Designed to provide long term corrosion protection to the externals of new and existing steel structures even when surface preparation is restricted. The material is highly resistant to marine and industrial environments, buried conditions, effluents, salt water, most chemicals and a wide range of oils.
- External pipe protection
- Internal pipelining
- The lining of fuel storage tanks
- The lining of chemical storage tanks
- External protection for pumps, valves and process equipment
Please contact us to discuss your project before purchasing this material to confirm suitability.
- All oil and grease must be removed from the surface using an appropriate cleaner such as MEK or similar type solvent.
- All surfaces must be abrasive blasted to ISO 8501/4 Standard SA2.5 (SSPC SP10/ NACE 2) minimum blast profile of 75 microns using an angular.
- Once blast cleaned the surface must be degreased and cleaned using MEK or similar type solvent.
- All surfaces must be coated before gingering or oxidation.
- All surfaces must be hydro-blasted using clean water at 12,000 psi (850bar) to NACE 5 (SSPC SP13 WJ3-WJ1).
- All surfaces must be coated before gingering or oxidation occurs
- All oil and grease must be removed from the surface using an appropriate cleaner such as MEK.
- All surfaces must be mechanically abraded using handheld grinders to ISO 8501/4 ST3 (SSPC SP3 ST3).
- Once abraded, the surface must be degreased and cleaned using MEK or similar type material.
- All surfaces must be repaired before gingering or oxidation occurs.
PLEASE NOTE: Soluble salt contaminated surfaces the substrate must be pressure washed with clean water and checked for salt contamination this process may need to be repeated several times.
- If the concrete surface is contaminated, pressure wash using clean water.
- Once the concrete is dry lightly abrasive blast or scarify taking care not to expose the aggregate.
- Clean all dust and debris from the surface.
Prior to mixing please ensure the following:
- Do not apply the material when the ambient or substrate temperature is below 10°C or when the relative humidity is higher than 90%.
- Using a low speed electric paddle mixer, mix the 2 components until a uniform material free of any streaks is achieved.
- Once mixing is complete use the mixed paste as soon possible.
- Use all mixed material within 15-20 minutes at 20°C.
Brush & Roller
- Mix and apply the material directly to the prepared surface, using a brush, roller (or airless spray).
- stripe coat all edges, joints, corners and equipment with the mixed
- Check the wet film thickness on a regular basis ensuring correct coating thickness of a minimum 150 microns.
- Once the basecoat has cured sufficiently, approximately 6 hours at 20°C, apply a topcoat at a minimum wet film thickness of 150 microns.
|Thin film liquid
Grey solvent based liquid
|Mixing Ratio||By weight: |
|Sag Resistance||Nil at||150 microns|
applied in a single coat or as a
2 coat system to properly
The material should be applied
at a target thickness of 150
microns per coat with a theoretical
coverage rate of 6.66m² per ltr
|6.66m² per ltr per coat|
|Storage Life||Unopened and stored in dry conditions (15-30°C)||5 years|
|Tensile Shear||ASTM D1002|
on abrasive blasted mild steel
with 75 micron profile
|195kg/ cm² (2770 psi)|
|Corrosion Resistance||Tested to ASTM B117||5000 hours excellent
|Salt Fog Resistance|
Tested to ASTM B117
Unaffected after 10,000 hrs
|Tested to ASTM B117||Unaffected after 10,000 hrs|
|Humidity Resistance||Tested to BS3900 Part F2||Unaffected after 5000 hours|
|Hardness||Shore D to ASTM D2240||80|
|Heat Resistance||Suitable for use in immersed|
conditions at temperatures up to 40°C.
Resistant to dry heat
Hydrochloric Acid 10%
Phosphoric Acid 25%
Sodium Hydroxide 35%
Sulphuric acid 20%
3:1 By Volume, 3.25:1 By Weight