M-PRIME 104 - Damp Tolerant Concrete Primer
M-PRIME 104 – DAMP TOLERANT CONCRETE PRIMER Is a solvent-free clear epoxy primer suitable for the application to concrete surfaces with a moisture content up to 25%.
MPR 104 – penetrates deep in to the concrete and has excellent bond strength. The primer is applied as a single coat in most instances, but very porous concrete may require a second coat.
Typically, the product is used to consolidate concrete before the application of other coating materials usually epoxy, polyurethane or acrylic floor coatings.
But is also used as a bonding agent for epoxy concrete repair mortars or as a clear sealer for worn concrete to suppress any dust.
- Concrete Floors
- Concrete Tanks & Reservoirs
- Chemical & Fuel Bunds
- Concrete Sumps Channel & Drains
Please contact us to discuss your project before purchasing this material to confirm suitability.
- Remove any surface contamination and lightly abrasive blast or scarify using mechanical hand tools taking care not to expose the aggregate.
- Allow new concrete to cure for a minimum 21 days and remove any surface laitance before coating.
Prior to mixing please ensure the following:
- Ensure the moisture content of the concrete is below 25%.
- Suitable for applications where the surface temperature is 5°C or above
Mix the base component with the activator component in full units as supplied, ideally use slow speed paddle mixer.
When mixing both materials, it is essential to have a uniform streak free fluid.
Once mixed, the material should be used within 30-40 minutes at 20°C.
- Apply the mixed material directly to the prepared surface using a brush, roller or standard airless spray.
- Normally a single coat is enough but for very porous surface an additional coat may be required.
|Clear pale yellow liquid
Pale amber liquid
|At 150 microns the theoretical coverage rate is
|6.66m² per ltr
|Cure Times at 20°C
|Minimum overcoating time
Maximum overcoating time
|Unopened and stored in dry conditions (15-30°C)
|Pull off adhesion
|Elcometer pull off adhesion tester
37kg/cm² (cohesive in substrate)
33.4 kg/cm² (cohesive in substrate)
|Tested to ASTM D 695
|Tested to ASTM D790
|Shore D to ASTM D2240
|Tested to ASTM D1002
|On abrasive blasted mild steel with 75 micron profile – 201 kg/cm² (2860 psi)
On rusted steel – 167 kg/cm² (2375 psi)
|Suitable for use in immersed conditions at temperatures up to:
Suitable for use in dry conditions at temperatures up to dependant on load: