M-ROOF 200 – Single Component Acrylic Roof Membrane
M-ROOF 200 is a single pack, water based, high build acrylic waterproof membrane.
The product is supplied ready to use and is ideal for waterproofing flat roofs, pitched roofs, gutters, felt and fibreglass. The product has high build properties allowing it to be applied up to 1-2 mm thickness in one coat.
M-ROOF 200 is formulated using a complex range of acrylic resins, fillers and polymers which combine to provide a high-performance waterproofing membrane with long-term UV stability and corrosion resistance.
- Overlay oil based flat roof systems
- Gutter lining
- Sealing tank based joints
- Sealing glazing bars
Please contact us to discuss your project before purchasing this material to confirm suitability.
- Degrease the repair area with MEK or similar solvent to remove any surface contamination, using angular grit, grit-blast to SO 8501/4 Standard SA2.5 (SSPC SP10/ NACE 2) and a minimum blast profile of 75 microns.
- Concrete shall be a minimum of 21 days old, and the residual moisture content shall be below 6%.
- Ensure that the concrete is clean and free from dust, laitance, grease, oil, curing compound and existing paint finishes etc.
- Blow holes and defective concrete shall be made good using a proprietary repair compound, e.g. M-CRETE 200 concrete repair mortar.
- Block work should be sealed using M-PRIME 100 surface sealer/ primer.
- Suitable mechanical treatment such as vacuum grit blasting is the preferred treatment before application as this ensures a mechanical ‘key’ for the coating.
- Sweep the roof area and remove any medium to large chippings, moss, lichens and other debris, clean with an anti-fungicidal wash if necessary.
- Repair any splits, holes or blistering with a suitable epoxy concrete mortar, duct tape or membrane system.
- All surfaces will require priming using M-PRIME 100 for a porous substrate such as mineral felt, concrete.
- Non-porous surfaces use M-PRIME 300; both primers should be applied as detailed on the relevant data sheet.
Prior to mixing please ensure the following:
- The base component is at a temperature between 15-25°C.
- Do not apply the material when the ambient or substrate temperature is below 5°C.
- Strip-coat all joints seams and up-stands incorporating the polyester reinforcement sheet. Typically 75.0mm either side of the joint giving a stripe coat of 150mm.
- Application Base Coat – Mix and apply the material directly to the primed surface using a soft-bristled brush, squeegee. Check the wet film thickness on a regular basis ensuring correct coating thickness of a minimum 500. While the base coat is wet embed the glass fibre reinforcing sheet ensuring no blisters or creases, and allow to dry.
- Application Top Coat – Mix and apply the material directly to the base-coat using a soft-bristled brush or squeegee. Check the wet film thickness on a regular basis ensuring correct coating thickness of a minimum 500. Ideally, the reinforcing sheet should just be visible after the top-coat is applied.
|Mixing Ratio||Single Component|
|Sag Resistance||Nil at||750 microns|
|Coverage||Brush or roller applications:|
The material can be applied in a range of thicknesses dependent on the application.
|300 microns WFT 3.33m² per ltr
500 microns WFT 2m² per ltr
750 microns WFT 1.33m² per ltr
|Cure Times at 20°C||Touch dry:|
Maximum overcoating time
|20°C 1 – 2 hours
20°C 3 – 4 hours
10°C 24 hours
20°C 12 hours
30°C 6 hours
|Storage Life||Unopened and stored in dry conditions (15-30°C)||5 years|
|Tensile Strength||Tested to ASTM D412 ||42kg/cm² (600psi)
|Direct Pull Adhesion||Tested to ASTM D4541||28kg/cm² (400psi)
|Elongation||Tested to ASTM D412||160%
|Water Vapour Permeability||Tested to ASTM D1653||2 x 10⁴ perm.cm
|Heat Resistance||Resistant to dry heat up to
120°C dependent on load.