M-ROOF 201 - Single Component High Build Acrylic Roof Membrane
M-ROOF 201 is a single component water-based acrylic waterproof coating. The coating has been formulated using a complex range of acrylic resins, fillers and polymers which combine to provide a high-performance waterproofing membrane with long-term UV stability and corrosion resistance.
Designed principally for the refurbishment of roof structures the material also provides long-term protection for tank bases, storage tanks and concrete structures.
- Overlay oil based flat roof systems
- Gutter lining
- Sealing tank based joints
- Sealing glazing bars
- Structural steel and concrete
Please contact us to discuss your project before purchasing this material to confirm suitability.
- All oil and grease must be removed from the surface using an appropriate cleaner such as MEK or similar type solvent.
- All surfaces must be abrasive blasted to ISO 8501/4 Standard SA2.5 (SSPC SP10/ NACE 2) minimum blast profile of 75 microns using an angular.
- Once blast cleaned the surface must be degreased and cleaned using MEK or similar type solvent.
- All surfaces must be coated before gingering or oxidation.
- All oil and grease must be removed from the surface using an appropriate cleaner such as MEK.
- All surfaces must be mechanically abraded using handheld grinders to ISO 8501/4 ST3 (SSPC SP3 ST3).
- Once abraded, the surface must be degreased and cleaned using MEK or similar type material.
- All surfaces must be repaired before gingering or oxidation occurs.
- Concrete should be a minimum of 21 days old and the residual moisture content below 6%.
- Ensure that the concrete is clean and free from dust, laitance, grease, oil, curing compound and existing paint finishes etc.
- Blow holes and defective concrete to be made good using a proprietary repair compound, e.g. M-CRETE 200 concrete repair mortar.
- Block work shall be sealed using M-PRIME 100 surface sealer/ primer.
- Suitable mechanical treatment such as vacuum grit blasting is the preferred treatment before application as this ensures a mechanical ‘key’ for the coating.
- Sweep the roof area and remove any medium to large chippings, moss, lichens and other debris, clean with an anti-fungicidal wash if necessary.
- Repair any splits, holes or blistering with a suitable epoxy concrete mortar, duct tape or membrane system.
Single component material:
- The material is at a temperature between 15-25°C.
- Do not apply the material when the ambient or substrate temperature is below 5°C.
- Agitate the product using an electric paddle mixer to ensure you have a consistent mix of acrylic emulsion.
- All surfaces will require priming using M-PRIME 100 for a porous substrate such as mineral felt, concrete.
- Non-porous surfaces use M-PRIME 300; both primers should be applied as detailed on the relevant data sheet.
Brush & Roller
- Stripe coat all edges, joints & corners.
- Once the stripe coat has cured and is capable of being overcoated, apply a basecoat at a minimum wet film thickness 500 microns.
- While the base coat is wet embed the reinforcing sheet ensuring no blisters or creases and allow to dry.
- Once the basecoat has cured sufficiently, apply a topcoat at a minimum wet film thickness of 500 microns.
- Ideally, the reinforcing sheet should just be visible after the top-coat is applied.
|Mixing Ratio||Single Component|
|Sag Resistance||Nil at||1500 microns|
|Coverage||Brush or roller applications:|
The material can be applied in a range of thicknesses dependent on the application.
|750 microns WFT 1.33m² per ltr
1500 microns WFT 0.66m² per ltr
|Cure Times at 20°C||Touch dry:|
Maximum overcoating time
|20°C 1 – 2 hours
20°C 3 – 4 hours
10°C 24 hours
20°C 12 hours
30°C 6 hours
|Storage Life||Unopened and stored in dry conditions (15-30°C)||5 years|
|Tensile Strength||Tested to ASTM D412 ||42kg/cm² (600psi)
|Direct Pull Adhesion||Tested to ASTM D4541||28kg/cm² (400psi)
|Elongation||Tested to ASTM D412||160%
|Water Vapour Permeability||Tested to ASTM D1653||2 x 10⁴ perm.cm
|Heat Resistance||Resistant to dry heat up to
120°C dependent on load.