M-METAL 800 - Metal Fairing Compound - Standard Cure
Is a high performance two pack solvent free Epoxy Fairing Compound and Filler. The material is ideal for use on metallic surfaces and has been designed to be applied to manually prepared substrates.
M-METAL 800 can be applied by trowel or stiff brush to large areas where excessive corrosion pitting is prevalent.
Once cured the product can be over coated with standard epoxy, acrylic and polyurethane coatings and paint systems.
- Filling Pitting on Corroded Tanks & Structural Steel
- As a Fairing Compound for Pipe Repairs
- All oil and grease must be removed from the surface using an appropriate cleaner such as MEK or similar type solvent.
- All surfaces must be abrasive blasted to ISO 8501/4 Standard SA2.5 (SSPC SP10/ NACE 2) minimum blast profile of 75 microns using an angular.
- Once blast cleaned, the surface must be degreased and cleaned using MEK or similar type solvent.
- All surfaces must be coated before gingering or oxidation.
- All oil and grease must be removed from the surface using an appropriate cleaner such as MEK.
- All surfaces must be mechanically abraded using handheld grinders to ISO 8501/4 ST3 (SSPC SP3 ST3).
- Once abraded, the surface must be degreased and cleaned using MEK or similar type material.
- All surfaces must be repaired before gingering or oxidation occurs.
Prior to mixing please ensure the following:
- The base component is at a temperature between 15-25°C.
- Ensure the ambient & surface temperature is above 5°C or less than 3°C above dew point.
- Mix both Part-A and Part-B together in full units as supplied. For small quantities us a mixing ratio of: 1:1 by volume or 1:1 by weight
- When mixing both materials together, it is very important to have a uniform grey paste that is streak free.
Once mixing is complete, use all mixed material within 20-25 minutes at 20°C.
Apply the mixed material directly to the prepared surface as soon as possible after mixing using a short-bristled brush, spatula, squeegee or plastic applicator.
- Minimum – the applied material can be over-coated as soon as it is touch dry.
- Maximum – the over-coating time should not exceed 6 hours.
Where the maximum over-coating time is exceeded, the material should be allowed to harden before being abraded or flash blasted to remove surface contamination.
Dark Brown paste
|Mixing Ratio||By Weight |
|Slump Resistance||Nil at||2.0 cm|
|Usable Life||20°C |
|Coverage||1kg at a thickness of 1.0mm||0.625 m2|
|Cure Times @ 20°C||Movement without load or immersion: |
Machining and light loading:
|Storage Life||Unopened and stored in dry conditions (15-30°C)||5 years|
|Adhesion||Tensile Shear to ASTM D1002 on abrasive blasted mild steel with 75 micron profile|
|Compressive Strength||Tested to ASTM D 695||735kg/ cm² 10,450psi|
|Flexural Strength||Tested to ASTM D790||298kg/cm² 4520psi|
|Hardness||Rockwell R to ASTM d785||100|
|Heat Resistance||Suitable for long term water immersion at temperatures up to:|
Resistant to dry heat in excess:
|Chemical Resistance||The product resists attack by a wide variety of inorganic acids, alkalis, salts and organic media.|
M-METAL 800 – BASE – MSDS
M-METAL 800 – ACTIVATOR – MSDS
1.65:1 By Weight, 4:1 By Volume
1 x Plastic Applicator Tool, 1 x Plastic Spatula
|Number of Coats||
1 – 20mm max
|Pot Life @ 20°C||
|Coverage per Unit||
0.625 sqm at 1.0mm