M-METAL 700 – Metal Epoxy Putty – Extended Cure
Is an Extend Cure Metal Epoxy Putty suitable for large repair areas where extra pot life is required.
The product is supplied in two parts with a base and activator. Once mixed M-METAL 700 provides a smooth grey paste ideally suited for repairs to steel components and other metallic surfaces.
The mixed the material can be applied in a single coat up to a thickness of 20.0mm without slumping.
When mixed the product has a standard has a pot life of 60 mins. Once cured it is readily drilled and machined to fine tolerances or can be sanded to achieve the desired profile of the repair.
- Machinery Shimming and Choking
- Large Shaft Repairs
- Pump Casing Defects
- Repair Worn Bearing Housings
- Leaking Flange Repairs
- Leaking Tank Seams
- As a Structural Adhesive
- All oil and grease must be removed from the surface using an appropriate cleaner such MEK or similar type solvent.
- All surfaces must be abrasive blasted to ISO 8501/4 Standard SA2.5 (SSPC SP10/ NACE 2) minimum blast profile of 75 microns using an angular.
- Once blast cleaned, the surface must be degreased and cleaned using MEK or similar type solvent.
- All surfaces must be coated before gingering or oxidation.
- All oil and grease must be removed from the surface using an appropriate cleaner such as MEK.
- All surfaces must be mechanically abraded using handheld grinders to ISO 8501/4 ST3 (SSPC SP3 ST3).
- Once abraded, the surface must be degreased and cleaned using MEK or similar type material.
- All surfaces must be repaired before gingering or oxidation occurs.
Prior to mixing please ensure the following:
- The base component is at a temperature between 15-25°C.
- The ambient & surface temperature is above 5°C or less than 3°C above dew point.
- Mix Part B with Part A in full units as supplied.
- For small quantities us a mixing ratio of: 3:2 BY VOLUME OR 1.7:1 BY WEIGHT
- When mixing both materials, it is very important to have a uniform streak free fluid.
Use all mixed material within 60 minutes at 20°C.
- Using a short-bristled brush, spatula or applicator tool, apply the material to the prepared repair area.
- Ensure the product is pressed into any holes, scars or cracks before building up to the the quired thickness.
- Minimum – the applied material can be over-coated as soon as it is touch dry.
- Maximum – the over-coating time should not exceed 6 hours.
Where the maximum over-coating time is exceeded, the material should be allowed to harden before being abraded or flash blasted to remove surface contamination.
|Dark grey paste
Light grey paste
Mid grey paste
|Mixing Ratio||By Weight |
|Slump Resistance||Nil at||2.0 cm|
|Usable Life||20°C |
|Coverage||1kg at a thickness of 1.0mm||0.38m2|
|Cure Times @ 20°C||Movement without load or immersion: |
Machining and light loading:
|Storage Life||Unopened and stored in dry conditions (15-30°C)||5 years|
|Adhesion||Tensile Shear to ASTM D1002 on abrasive blasted mild steel with 75 micron profile||180kg/cm² 2550psi|
|Compressive Strength||Tested to ASTM D 695||839kg/ cm² 11,900psi|
|Flexural Strength||Tested to ASTM D790||585kg/cm² (8300psi)|
|Hardness||Shore D to ASTM D2240||87|
|Heat Resistance||Suitable for long term water immersion at temperatures up to 60°C. Resistant to dry heat in excess of 180°C dependant on load.||60°C
|Chemical Resistance||The product resists attack by a wide variety of inorganic acids, alkalis, salts and organic media.|