M-METAL 300 – Metal Epoxy Putty Stick – Rapid Cure
Is multipurpose steel reinforced putty that is design for repairing, bonding sealing applications, the product is easy to mix in just one minute, to provide fast and permanent repairs. the material can rebuild virtually any material.
The material is supplied in stick form with a predetermined mixing ratio of base and activator. Mix by kneading, (Please note, use gloves for mixing) until a smooth grey putty is achieved.
Once mixed M-METAL 300 – Epoxy Putty provides a fast curing putty, suited for small repairs that require rapid return to service.
M-METAL 300 is totally waterproof once dried, repairs may be sanded and painted with any of our epoxy or polyurethane coating systems, providing additional long-term asset protection.
- All oil and grease must be removed from the surface of the repair using an appropriate cleaner such as MEK.
- The material is suitable for application to manually prepared surfaces such as hand wire brush, sanding, mechanical grinding, or wire brush.
- All loose material such as rust or flaking paint must be removed prior to the application of this product
The product is supplied in stick form and therefore the base and activator component are premeasured.
- Simply break off the required amount of material from the stick and using gloved hands knead the product until the black and grey components become a consistent mid grey colour.
- Use the material as soon as possible after mixing
Use all mixed material within 5 minutes at 20°C.
- Once a consistent mix has been achieved apply the material by pressing the putty with firm pressure onto the prepared surface and hold for 30 seconds.
|Light grey paste
Dark grey paste
Mid grey paste
|Mixing Ratio||Pre – measured|
|Slump Resistance||Nil at||20 mm|
|Usable Life||20°C ||5 minutes
|Cure Times @ 20°C||Hard Dry|
Machining and light loading
|Storage Life||Unopened and stored in dry conditions (15-30°C)||1 year|
|Adhesion||Tensile Shear to ASTM D1002 on abrasive blasted mild steel with 75-micron profile||70kg/ cm² 1000psi|
|Compressive Strength||Tested to ASTM D 695||446kg/ cm² 6350psi|
|Corrosion Resistance||Tested to ASTM B117||Minimum 5000 hours
|Hardness||Shore D Hardness||80 at 20°C|
|Heat Resistance||Suitable for long-term water immersion at temperatures up to: |
Resistant to dry heat in excess of:
|Chemical Resistance||The product resists attack by a wide variety of inorganic acids, alkalis, salts and organic media.|