M-CERAMIC 501 – Epoxy Ceramic High Temperature & Acid Resistant Coating
Epoxy Ceramic Coating for Pumps, Vessel ect…. When fully cured the material is suitable for immersed conditions up to 110°C dependant on chemical contact.
£98.50 – £248.00 Excl VAT
M-CERAMIC 500 - High Temperature Epoxy Ceramic Coating
The coating is designed principally for the long-term protection of Fluid-Flow and Process Equipment such as Pressure Vessels, Scrubber Units Process Columns ect…
Once cured M-CERAMIC 501 – Epoxy Ceramic High Temperature & Acid Resistant Coating provides a hard-wearing sacrificial barrier, protecting the parent metal from erosion, corrosion and chemical attack.
The product is ideal for water and aqueous/hydrocarbon mixtures at elevated temperatures up to 110°C.
- Lining for Pumping Systems & Valves
- Lining for Scrubber Units
- Protection for Corroded Heat Exchangers
- High Temperature Coating for Process Equipment
- Wear Resistant Coating for Fans & Fan Casings
- Internal lining for Pipework
- All oil and grease must be removed from the surface using an appropriate cleaner such MEK or similar type solvent.
- All surfaces must be abrasive blasted to ISO 8501/4 Standard SA2.5 (SSPC SP10/ NACE 2) minimum blast profile of 75 microns using an angular.
- Once blast cleaned, the surface must be degreased and cleaned using MEK or similar type solvent.
- All surfaces must be coated before gingering or oxidation.
Prior to mixing please ensure the following:
- Warm the base component is at a temperature between 15-25°C.
- Do not apply the material when the ambient or substrate temperature is below 10°C or less than 3°C above dew point.
- Mix both Part-A and part-B together in full units as supplied. For small quantities us a mixing ratio of 7:1 by volume or 18:1 by weight
- When mixing both materials, it is particularly important to have a uniform colour that is streak free.
- Use the mixed coating as soon possible after mixing.
Use all mixed material within 20 minutes at 20°C
- Stripe coat all edges, corners. Apply the coating at minimum 300 microns using a short bristle brush.
- Allow the stripe coat to cure for 4 hours at 20°C.
- The basecoat should be applied at a minimum thickness of 600 microns using a short-bristled brush.
- Ensure the coating is forced into the blast profile.
- Allow the basecoat to cure for approximately 4 hours at 20°C.
- Once the basecoat has cured hard enough apply the topcoat at a minimum thickness of 300 microns using a short-bristled brush.
To enhance the properties of this material, post curing will be required.
- Allow the product to cure of at least 4 hours at 20°C.
- Raise the coating and substrate temperature progressively to 60 – 100°C for up to 8 hours.
Post curing will result in improved mechanical, thermal and chemical resistance properties.
|Mixing Ratio||By Weight |
|Sag Resisitance||Nil at||1000 microns|
|Cure Times at 20°C||Minimum sweep-blast time|
Maximum sweep-blast time
|Coverage||Basecoat applied at a minimum thickness of 600 microns:|
Topcoat applied at a minimum thickness of 300 microns:
|1.415m² at 300 microns
1.063m² at 400 microns
0.850m² at 500 microns
0.708m² at 600 microns
|Storage Life||Unopened and stored in dry conditions (15-30°C)||5 years|
|Abrasion Resistance||Taber CS17 Wheels/1 Kg load||28mm³ loss/1000 cycles|
|Pull off Adhesion||Tested to ASTM D4541 on abrasive blasted mild steel with 75 micron profile||348kg/ cm² (4950psi)|
|Tensile Shear Adhesion||Tested toASTM D1002 on abrasive blasted mild steel with 75 micron profile||245kg/ cm² (3480psi)|
|Compressive Strength||Tested to ASTM D 695||1046kg/cm² (14880psi)|
|Corrosion Resistance||Tested to ASTM B117||5000 hours|
|Flexural Strength||Tested to ASTM D790||614kg/cm² 8710ps|
|Hardness||Shore D to ASTM D2240||20°C 89
|Heat Distortion||Tested to ASTM D648 at 264psi fibre stress||20°C Cure 47°C
100°C Cure 126°C
150°C Cure 172°C
|Impact Resistance||Tested to ASTM D256||32J/m|
|Heat Resistance||Suitable for use in mmersed conditions at temperatures up to|
and in dry service up to
|The product resists attack by a wide variety of aqueous non-acidic solutions and hydrocarbon oils at elevated temperature and other media at lower temperatures.|
M-CERAMIC 501 – BASE – MSDS
M-CERAMIC 501 – ACTIVATOR – MSDS
1 x Plastic Applicator Tool, 1 x Plastic Spatula
18:1 By Weight, 7:1 By Volume
|Number of Coats||
|Pot Life @ 20°C||