M-PRIME 100 – Low Viscosity Epoxy Concrete Primer
Is a solvent-free clear epoxy primer, which provides outstanding penetration into concrete and other cementitious substrates and helps to consolidate weak surfaces. Ideal for priming concrete floors, bunds and other concrete structures before the application of other MaxKote coatings of lining systems.
£38.50 – £477.00 Excl VAT
M-PRIME 100 – Epoxy Concrete Primer Sealer
M-PRIME 100 -Epoxy concrete primer sealer, is a solvent-free, clear epoxy primer, which provides outstanding penetration into concrete and other cementitious substrates and helps to consolidate weak surfaces.
Ideally used in conjunction with other MaxKote lining or coating systems
Once mixed the product is used for priming concrete floors, bunds and concrete structures with a moisture content below 8%.
- Concrete structures
- Concrete storage tanks
- Bunds and containment areas
- Floor areas
Please contact us to discuss your project before purchasing this material to confirm suitability.
- Remove any contamination and lightly abrasive blast or scarify taking care not to expose the aggregate.
- Allow new concrete to cure for a minimum 21 days and remove any surface laitance before coating.
- Ensure the moisture content of the concrete is 8% or below.
- Suitable for application where the surface temperature is 5°C (40°F) or above
Prior to mixing please ensure the following:
- The base component is at a temperature between 15-25°C.
- Do not apply the material when the ambient or substrate temperature is below 5°C.
Mix the base component (amber liquid) with the activator component (amber liquid) in full units as supplied, ideally use slow speed paddle mixer.
For small quantities us a mixing ratio of: 2:1 by volume or 2.25:1 by weight.
When mixing both materials it is essential to have a uniform clear fluid that is streak free.
Once mixed, the material should be used within 40-45 minutes at 20°C.
- To ensure best results use the mixed fluid as soon possible after mixing.
Brush & Roller
- Pour the mixed material into a paint kettle or paint tray (this will maximise the usable life).
- Using a 50mm (2”) wide synthetic brush, stripe coat all edges, joints, corners and equipment with the mixed material.
- The stripe coat must be approximately 100mm (4”) wide, at 150 microns (6mil) wet film thickness.
- Once the stripe coat has cured sufficiently and is capable of being overcoated, apply the mixed product to all surfaces at 150 microns (6mil) wet film thickness.
|Low viscosity pale straw liquid
Low viscosity pale straw liquid
|Mixing Ratio||By Weight |
|Sag Resistance||Nil at||150 microns|
|Coverage||At 150 microns the theoretical coverage rate is||6.66m² per ltr|
|Cure Times at 20°C||Minimum overcoating time|
Maximum overcoating time
|Storage Life||Unopened and stored in dry conditions (15-30°C)||5 years|
|Pull off adhesion||Elcometer pull off adhesion tester||Dry 525psi
37kg/cm² (cohesive in substrate)
33.4 kg/cm² (cohesive in substrate)
|Compressive Strength||Tested to ASTM D 695||629kg/cm² (8945psi)|
|Flexural Strength||Tested to ASTM D790||371kg/cm² (5275psi)|
|Hardness||Shore D to ASTM D2240||84|
|Heat Resistance||Suitable for use in immersed conditions at temperatures up to:|
Suitable for use in dry conditions at temperatures up to dependant on load:
16ltr, 1ltr, 4ltr