M-CERAMIC 400 – Epoxy Ceramic Wear Compound – Medium Abrasion
Is an Heavy Duty Epoxy Ceramic Wear Compound the product is also used extensively for bulk handling, Slurry Pumps & Chutes.
£269.50 Excl VAT
M-CERAMIC 400 - Heavy Duty Epoxy Ceramic Wear Compound - Medium Abrasion
Is a solvent free Heavy-Duty Epoxy Ceramic Wear Compound which contains 0.2mm – 1.5mm ceramic beads.
The product is ideal for resurfacing and protecting metallic surfaces subject to medium sliding abrasion. Typical uses include providing wear protection to pipe bends, valves, dredging pumps etc.
The material is supplied as a 2-component product (Part A & Part B), that requires mixing before use. Once mixed the product can be applied directly to prepared metal surfaces by squeegee or plastic applicator.
- Rebuild Slurry & Dredging Pumps
- Protect Silo Cones & Centrifuges
- Wear Protection for Chutes & hoppers
- Repair Screw worn Screw Conveyors
- Reline Coal Pulverisers
- All oil and grease must be removed from the surface using an appropriate cleaner such as MEK or similar type solvent.
- All surfaces must be abrasive blasted to ISO 8501/4 Standard SA2.5 (SSPC SP10/ NACE 2) minimum blast profile of 75 microns using an angular.
- Once blast cleaned, the surface must be degreased and cleaned using MEK or similar type solvent.
- All surfaces must be coated before gingering or oxidation.
- All oil and grease must be removed from the surface using an appropriate cleaner such as MEK.
- All surfaces must be mechanically abraded using handheld grinders to ISO 8501/4 ST3 (SSPC SP3 ST3).
- Once abraded, the surface must be degreased and cleaned using MEK or similar type material.
- All surfaces must be repaired before gingering or oxidation occurs.
Prior to mixing please ensure the following:
- The base component is at a temperature between 15-25°C.
- The ambient & surface temperature is above 10°C.
- The ambient & surface temperatures are not less than 3°C above the dew point.
Mixing full units or by part-mixing.
- If mixing the whole unit please ensure as much of the base and activator is dispensed from the plastic container onto a clean plastic mixing surface.
- Mix using the spatula provided until a uniform material free of streaks is achieved.
- For part mixing, using a spatula place 3 equal measures from the base unit onto a clean plastic mixing surface.
- Clean the spatula thoroughly and then take 1 equal measure from the Activator unit and place alongside the Base measures. Mix as above.
- Once mixing is complete, use the mixed paste as soon possible after mixing.
Use all mixed material within 45 minutes at 20°C.
- The mixed material should be applied directly to the prepared metal surface at a minimum thickness of 4mm using a spatula or applicator tool.
|Dark grey paste
Light grey paste
Dark grey paste
|Mixing Ratio||By Weight |
|Sag Resistance||Nil at||15mm|
|Coverage||5kg at a nominal thickness of 4mm||0.73sqm/5kg|
|Cure Times @ 20°C||Minimum overcoating time |
Maximum overcoating time
|Storage Life||Unopened and stored in dry conditions (15-30°C)||5 years|
|Abrasion Resistance||Taber H10 Wheels/1 Kg load||66mm³ loss/1000 cycles|
|Test to ASTM D4541 on abrasive blasted mild steel with 75 micron profile||272kg/ cm² (3840psi)|
|Tested to ASTM D1002 on abrasive blasted mild steel with 75 micron profile||148kg/ cm² (2100psi)|
|Compressive Strength||Tested to ASTM D 695||990kg/cm² (13985psi)
|Corrosion Resistance||Tested to ASTM B117||5000 hours|
|Flexural Strength||Tested to ASTM D790||420kg/cm² (6000psi)
|Hardness||Shore D to ASTM D2240||89|
|Heat Resistance||Full immersion resistance water/ hydrocarbon immersion to 50°C|
Dry heat resistance Tested to ASTM D2485
|Pass (no blisters)
|Chemical Resistance||The product resists attack by a wide variety of inorganic acids, alkalis, salts and organic media.|
M-CERAMIC 400 – BASE – MSDS
M-CERAMIC 400 – ACTIVATOR – MSDS
|Pot Life @ 20°C||
3:1 By Volume, 5:1 By Weight
|Number of Coats||
Multiple up to 20mm