M-CERAMIC 700 - Polyurethane Impact Resistant Coating
Is a flexible high build solvent-free Polyurethane Imact Resistant Coating designed for applications subject to impact, wear and abrasion from slurries and aggregates ect….
The material is designed to be applied as a multi coat system, with a minimum cured coating thickness of 1.0mm. This can be achieved by using a brush, roller or squeegee typically 2 x 500 micron coats is achievable on horizontal surface. For vertical surfaces 3 coats may be required.
- All oil and grease must be removed from the surface using an appropriate cleaner such MEK or similar type solvent.
- All surfaces must be abrasive blasted to ISO 8501/4 Standard SA2.5 (SSPC SP10/ NACE 2) minimum blast profile of 75 microns using an angular.
- Once blast cleaned, the surface must be degreased and cleaned using MEK or similar type solvent.
- All surfaces must be coated before gingering or oxidation.
- All oil and grease must be removed from the surface using an appropriate cleaner such as MEK.
- All surfaces must be mechanically abraded using handheld grinders to ISO 8501/4 ST3 (SSPC SP3 ST3).
- Once abraded, the surface must be degreased and cleaned using MEK or similar type material.
- All surfaces must be repaired before gingering or oxidation occurs.
Prior to mixing please ensure the following:
- The base component is at a temperature between 15-25°C.
- Do not apply the material when the ambient or substrate temperature is below 10°C or less than 3°C above dew point.
- Transfer the contents of the Activator unit into the Base container.
- Using a slow speed electric paddle mixer, mix the 2 components together until the material is streak free.
- Once mixing is complete, use the mixed coating as soon possible after mixing.
Use all mixed material within 15 minutes at 20°C.
- Pour the mixed material into a paint kettle or paint tray (this will maximise the usable life)
- Using a 50mm synthetic brush, stripe coat all edges, joints & corners.
- Once the stripe coat has cured sufficiently and is capable of being overcoated, apply the basecoat to all surfaces at minimum 350 microns.
- Once the basecoat of material has cured sufficiently, approximately 6-8 hours at 20°C, apply the intermediate coat to all surfaces at a minimum 350 microns.
- Once the intermediate coat has cured sufficiently, approximately 6-8 hours at 20°C, apply the topcoat to all surfaces at a minimum 350 microns.
- Minimum finished coating thickness needs to be in excess of 1000 microns.
|Blue or light grey thixotropic liquid
Blue or light grey Thixotropic liquid
|Mixing Ratio||By Weight |
|Sag Resistance||Nil at: 400microns|
|Coverage||The material should be applied by target thickness of 350 microns per coat||2.85 sqm/ ltr|
|Cure Times||Movement without load or immersion: |
Full loading/water immersion:
|Storage Life||Unopened and stored in dry conditions (15-30°C)||2 years|
|Adhesion||Tensile Shear to ASTM D1002 on abrasive blasted mild steel with 75 micron profile||169kg/cm² 2400psi|
|Corrosion Resistance||Tested to ASTM B117||5000 hours|
|Flexibility||(British Gas FW0028 Draft method)|
3% Strain at 20°C
3% Strain at 5°C
3% Strain at 0°C ASTM D522
|Hardness||Shore D to ASTM D2240||80|
|Impact Resistance||(British Gas CW6) 15 Joules (BS EN 10290)||23°C 8.6 Joules
5°C 6.1 Joules
|Adhesion – Resistance to Removal||(BS EN 10290)||23°C rating 1
60°C rating 2
|Adhesion – Pull Off Test||(BS EN 10290)||23°C 175kg/ cm²
60°C 73kg/ cm²
(ASTM D4541) 214kg/ cm²
|(BS EN 10290)||8.4 X 10⁹
|Indentation Resistance||(BS EN 10290)||23°C 0.1mm
60°C approx. 15%
|Flexibility||(BS EN 10290)||Pass|
|Elongation||(BS EN 10290)||14.5%
|Abrasion Resistance||(ASTM D4060)||90mgm weight loss per 1000 cycles
1kg load – CS17 wheel
|Heat Resistance||Suitable for use in immersed conditions at temperatures up to:|
Suitable for use in dry conditions at temperatures up to dependant on load:
|Chemical Resistance||At 20°C product resists attack by a wide variety of inorganic acids, alkalis, salts and organic media||Acetic Acid 10%
Benzoic Acid 15%
Ethyl Alcohol 50%
Formic Acid 10%
Hydrochloric Acid 20%
Lactic Acid 20%
Nitric Acid 10%
Phosphoric Acid 50%
Potassium Hydroxide 10%
Sodium Carbonate 10%
Sodium Hydroxide 10%
Sulphuric Acid 50%