M-CERAMIC 100 – Epoxy Ceramic Putty
Is an abrasion resistant Epoxy Ceramic Putty. Specifically designed for use on damaged or worn metal surfaces.
£79.50 – £201.25 Excl VAT
M-CERAMIC 100 - Epoxy Ceramic Putty
Is formulated using the latest solvent free epoxy technology, enhanced further with the addition of high-quality silicone carbide ceramic fillers.
Designed principally for rebuilding worn pump components suffering material loss due to erosion, corrosion and cavitation.
M-CERAMIC 100 – Epoxy Ceramic Putty provides long-term protection for Fluid-Flow Equipment. The product can also be utilised in Pneumatic and Conveyor Systems.
- All oil and grease must be removed from the surface using an appropriate cleaner such as MEK or similar type solvent.
- All surfaces must be abrasive blasted to ISO 8501/4 Standard SA2.5 (SSPC SP10/ NACE 2) minimum blast profile of 75 microns using an angular.
- Once blast cleaned, the surface must be degreased and cleaned using MEK or similar type solvent.
- All surfaces must be coated before gingering or oxidation.
- All oil and grease must be removed from the surface using an appropriate cleaner such as MEK.
- Surfaces must be mechanically abraded using handheld grinders to ISO 8501/4 ST3 (SSPC SP3 ST3).
- Once abraded, the surface must be degreased and cleaned using MEK or similar type material.
- All surfaces must be repaired before gingering or oxidation occurs.
Prior to mixing please ensure the following:
- The base component is at a temperature between 15-25°C.
- Do not apply the material when the ambient or substrate temperature is below 5°C or less than 3°C above dew point.
- Mix both Part-A and Part-B together in full units as supplied. For small quantities us a mixing ratio of: 3:1 by volume or 5:1 by weight.
- When mixing both materials, it is particularly important to have a uniform grey paste that is streak free.
- Once mixing is complete, use the mixed paste as soon possible.
Use all mixed material within 20-25 minutes at 20°C.
- Using a spatula or applicator tool apply the material to the prepared repair area.
- Ensure the product is pressed into any holes, scars or cracks.
- Once the repair has been completed smooth off any imperfections using a gloved hand with a little water.
|Dark grey paste
Light grey paste
Mid grey paste
|Mixing Ratio||By Weight |
|Slump Resistance||Nil at||20mm|
|Usable Life||10°C |
|Coverage||1kg at a thickness of 1.0mm||0.406m2|
|Cure Times @ 20°C||Minimum Overcoat time|
Maximum overcoat time
|Storage Life||Unopened and stored in dry conditions (15-30°C)||5 years|
|Abrasion Resistance||Taber CS17 Wheels/1 Kg load||20mm³ loss/1000 cycles|
|Adhesion Tensile Shear||Tensile Shear to ASTM D1002 on abrasive blasted mild steel with 75-micron profile||206kg/cm² 2920psi
|Pull off Adhesion||ASTM D4541 on abrasive blasted mild steel with 75 micron profile||244 kg/ cm² (3480 psi)|
|Compressive Strength||Tested to ASTM D 695||1075kg/ cm² 15,300psi
|Corrosion Resistance||Tested to ASTM B117||Minimum 5000 hours
|Flexural Strength||Tested to ASTM D790||703kg/cm² 10,000psi|
|Hardness||Rockwell R to ASTM D785||100|
|Heat Distortion||Tested to ASTM D648 at 264psi fibre stress||20°C Cure 57°C
100°C Cure 98°C
|Heat Resistance||Suitable for long-term immersion at temperatures up to |
Intermittent contact with pressurised steam up to
Resistant to dry heat in excess of
200°C dependant on load.
|Chemical Resistance||The product resists attack by a wide variety of|
inorganic acids, alkalies, salts and organic media
1 x Plastic Applicator Tool, 1 x Plastic Spatula
3:1 By Volume, 5:1 By Weight
|Number of Coats||
Multiple up to 20mm
|Pot Life @ 20°C||
20/ 25 Mins