M-METAL 400 - Metal Epoxy Liquid - Rapid Cure
Is Rapid Curing Metal Liquid Epoxy for emergency repairs to metal components.
When mixed products is tolerant to poor surface conditions and can be applied directly to damp and oil contaminated steel provided all loose materials are removed before application.
The material is supplied in two parts with a base and activator, once mixed M-METAL 400 – Metal Epoxy Liquid – Rapid Cure provides a smooth pour-able fluid ideally suited for filling pitting or as a structural adhesive on steel and other surfaces.
Once mixed the material can be applied up to a thickness of 3.0mm without slumping. Aluminium oxide aggregates may be added to create anti-slip surfaces.
- Filling Pitting Corrosion on Storage Tanks
- Anti-slip system for Steel Decks & Step Nosings
- Resurfacing Head Rollers on Conveyor Systems
- Filling Voids and Cavities
- Sealing Transformer Leaks
- Structural Adhesive
- All oil and grease must be removed from the surface using an appropriate cleaner such MEK or similar type solvent.
- All surfaces must be abrasive blasted to ISO 8501/4 Standard SA2.5 (SSPC SP10/ NACE 2) minimum blast profile of 75 microns using an angular.
- Once blast cleaned, the surface must be degreased and cleaned using MEK or similar type solvent.
- All surfaces must be coated before gingering or oxidation.
- Mechanical tools use a handheld mechanical grinder with a coarse grinding pad or rotary wire brush. Ensure all loose material and as much surface contamination is cleaned from the surface.
- Hand tools use a wire brush or coarse sand paper to abrade the surface. Ensure all loose material and as much surface contamination is cleaned from the surface.
Ensure the surface is wiped with an appropriate solvent cleaner such as MEK prior to and after abrading the surface.
Leaking transformer surfaces to repair a weeping/ leaking transformer surface, mixed fluid must be applied within 10-15 seconds of the surface being cleaned.
DO NOT ABRADE THE SURFACE WITH ANY MECHANICAL TOOLS.
If possible, use a wire brush to take off any loose corrosion or coating, then wipe the surface with a solvent wipe and take away as much excess oil as possible.
Prior to mixing please ensure the following:
- The base component is at a temperature between 15-25°C.
- Do not apply the material when the ambient or substrate temperature is below 5°C or less than 3°C above dew point.
- Mix both Part-A and part-B together in full units as supplied. For small quantities use a mixing ratio of 1:1 for both volume and weight.
- When mixing both materials, it is very important to have a uniform grey fluid that is streak free. Once mixing is complete, use the mixed paste as soon possible after mixing.
Use all mixed material within 5 minutes at 20°C.
- Using a brush or applicator tool, apply the material to the prepared surface, ensuring the product is pressed into any scars or cracks and profile the repair to a smooth finish.
- If required, the product can be used in conjunction with reinforcement tape and used to wrap round leaking pipe work.
Leaking transformer surfaces
- Use the applicator tool provided to scrape the mixed material off the mixing board, apply M-METAL 400 onto the surface, press the material onto the weeping/ leaking surface. Apply the material to a target thickness of 3mm.
Do not overwork the material. Once the repair is complete allow to cure for 20-30 mins.
Mid grey fluid
|Mixing Ratio||By Weight |
|Slump Resistance||Nil at||3mm|
|Usable Life||10°C |
|Coverage||1kg at a thickness of 1.0mm||0.5m2|
|Cure Times @ 20°C||Movement without load or immersion: |
Machining and light loading:
|Storage Life||Unopened and stored in dry conditions (15-30°C)||1 year|
|Adhesion||Tensile Shear to ASTM D1002 on abrasive blasted mild steel with 75 micron profile||185kg/cm² 2630psi|
|Compressive Strength||Tested to ASTM D 695||185kg/ cm² 2630psi|
|Corrosion Resistance||Tested to ASTM B117||Minimum 5000 hours
|Lap Shear||Tested to ISO 4587||240kg/cm² 3400psi|
|Hardness||Rockwell R to ASTM D785||85|
|Heat Distortion||Tested to ASTM D648 at 264psi fibre stress.||20°C Cure 60°C
|Heat Resistance||Suitable for long-term water immersion at temperatures up to:|
Resistant to dry heat in excess of:
130°C Dependant on load
|Chemical Resistance||The product resists attack by a wide variety of inorganic acids, alkalies, salts and organic media.|
M-METAL 400 – BASE – MSDS
M-METAL 400 – ACTIVATOR – MSDS
1:1 By Weight &amp; Volume
|Number of Coats||
1 – 3mm max
|Pot Life @ 20°C||
|Coverage per Unit||
0.440 sqm at 1.0mm