M-METAL 200 - Metal Epoxy Liquid - Standard Cure
Is a 2-part Metal Epoxy Liquid that when mixed together provides a smooth pour-able epoxy fluid.
Once mixed, the material can be applied up to a maximum film thickness of 3.0mm without slumping. Whilst the product is still wet aluminium oxide aggregates may be added to create tough anti-slip finishes.
The normal application method is by short bristled brush, plastic applicator, or spatula. Once cured M-METAL 200 – Metal Epoxy Liquid can be drilled tapped, machined, or sanded to achieve the desired profile of the repair.
- Filling pitting corrosion
- Resurfacing worn Pump Housings
- Scored Hydraulic Rams & Pistons
- Resurfacing Head & Tail Rollers
- As an Anti-slip System for Steel Steps & Walkways
- All oil and grease must be removed from the surface using an appropriate cleaner such MEK or similar type solvent.
- All surfaces must be abrasive blasted to ISO 8501/4 Standard SA2.5 (SSPC SP10/ NACE 2) minimum blast profile of 75 microns using an angular.
- Once blast cleaned, the surface must be degreased and cleaned using MEK or similar type solvent.
- All surfaces must be coated before gingering or oxidation.
- All oil and grease must be removed from the surface using an appropriate cleaner such as MEK.
- All surfaces must be mechanically abraded using handheld grinders to ISO 8501/4 ST3 (SSPC SP3 ST3).
- Once abraded, the surface must be degreased and cleaned using MEK or similar type material.
- All surfaces must be repaired before gingering or oxidation occurs.
Prior to mixing please ensure the following:
- Warm the Base component to 15-25°C before mixing
- Do not apply the material when the ambient or substrate temperature is below 5°C or less than 3°C above dew point.
- Mix both Part-A and part-B together in full units as supplied. For small quantities us a mixing ratio of: 3:1 by volume or 8:1 by weight
- When mixing both materials, it is very important to have a uniform colour that is streak free. Once mixing is complete, use the mixed paste as soon possible after mixing.
Use all mixed material within 20-25mins at 20°C.
- As a Fairing Coat for filling badly pitted or scarred surfaces apply the material using a rubber float across the repair surface ensuring the product is pressed into any holes or cracks. The maximum wet film thickness this material can be applied onto a vertical surface’s without sagging is 3mm.
- As an Anti-Slip Systems for conveyor rollers, steps, or ramps, apply the product to the surface at a wet film thickness of 500 microns and then broadcast a suitable aggregate onto the surface (Aluminium Oxide or equivalent). Once cured brush off any excess aggregate.
- As a Resurfacing material to repair worn or damaged surfaces the application should be carried out in two coats. The material must be applied at a target wet film thickness of 250 microns per coat.
- Minimum – the applied material can be over-coated as soon as it is touch dry.
- Maximum – the over-coating time should not exceed 6 hours.
Where the maximum over-coating time is exceeded, the material should be allowed to harden before being abraded or flash blasted to remove surface contamination.
|Dark grey paste
Mid grey fluid
|Mixing Ratio||By Weight |
|Slump Resistance||Nil at||3mm|
|Usable Life||10°C |
|Coverage||1kg at a thickness of 1.0mm||0.4m2|
|Cure Times @ 20°C||Movement without load or immersion: |
Machining and light loading:
|Storage Life||Unopened and stored in dry conditions (15-30°C)||5 years|
|Adhesion||Tensile Shear to ASTM D1002 on abrasive blasted mild steel with 75-micron profile||185kg/cm² 2630psi|
|Compressive Strength||Tested to ASTM D 695||1075kg/ cm² 15,300psi|
|Corrosion Resistance||Tested to ASTM B117||Minimum 5000 hours
|Flexural Strength||Tested to ASTM D790||703kg/cm² 10,000psi|
|Hardness||Rockwell R to ASTM D785||100|
|Heat Distortion||Tested to ASTM D648 at 264psi fibre stress.||20°C Cure 58°C
100°C Cure 98°C
|Heat Resistance||Suitable for long-term water immersion at temperatures up to|
Intermittent contact with pressurised steam up to 120°.
Resistant to dry heat more than 200°C dependant on load.
|Chemical Resistance||The product resists attack by a wide variety of inorganic acids, alkalies, salts and organic media.|
1 x Plastic Applicator Tool, 1 x Plastic Spatula
3:1 By Volume, 8:1 By Weight
|Number of Coats||
1 – 3mm max
|Pot Life @ 20°C||
20 to 25 Mins
|Coverage per Unit||
0.440 sqm at 1.0mm