M-METAL 500 – Underwater Epoxy Putty Stick – Rapid Cure
Is a solvent-free Underwater Epoxy Putty, designed to cure in damp or underwater situations.
When mixed the material will bond to metal, wood, ceramic, fibreglass, and most plastic surfaces.
The material is supplied in stick form with a predetermined mixing ratio of base and activator. The product is mixed by kneading with a gloved hand until a uniform off-white putty is achieved.
- Leak Sealing on Storage Tank Seams
- Leak Sealing on Domestic Radiators
- Sealing holes in GRP or Wooden Boat Hulls and Decks
- Leak Sealing on Pipes
- Bonding Swimming Pool tiles back in place
- The material is suitable for application to manually prepared surfaces, any loose materials such as old coatings must be removed, and the surface cleaned with solvent prior to application of the product.
The product is supplied in stick form and therefore the base and activator component are pre-measured.
- Simply break off the required amount of material from the stick and using gloved hands knead the product until the green and cream components become a consistent light green.
Use all mixed material within 15 minutes at 20°C.
- Once a consistent mix has been achieved apply the material by pressing the putty with firm pressure onto the prepared surface and hold for 30 seconds.
- Minimum – the applied material can be over-coated as soon as it is touch dry.
- Maximum – the over-coating time should not exceed 6 hours.
Where the maximum over-coating time is exceeded, the material should be allowed to harden before being abraded or flash blasted to remove surface contamination.
|Mixing Ratio||Pre – measured|
|Slump Resistance||Nil at||20 mm|
|Usable Life||20°C ||15 minutes
|Cure Times @ 20°C||Movement without load or immersion: |
Machining and light loading:
|Storage Life||Unopened and stored in dry conditions (15-30°C)||1 year|
|Adhesion||Tensile Shear to ASTM D1002 on abrasive blasted mild steel with 75-micron profile||70kg/ cm² 1000psi|
|Compressive Strength||Tested to ASTM D 695||446kg/ cm² 6350psi|
|Corrosion Resistance||Tested to ASTM B117||Minimum 5000 hours
|Hardness||Shore D Hardness||80 at 20°C|
|Heat Resistance||Suitable for long-term water immersion at temperatures up to: |
Resistant to dry heat in excess of:
|Chemical Resistance||The product resists attack by a wide variety of inorganic acids, alkalis, salts and organic media.|