M-CRETE 200 - Heavy Duty Epoxy Screed
Is an epoxy based high strength repair mortar and screed. The material is designed for patch repairs to spalled and damaged concrete and for resurfacing high traffic areas used by heavy good vehicle and forklift trucks.
The material when mixed can be applied to damaged concrete surfaces at a minimum thickness of 4mm with no maximum thickness.
Due to the fine graded aggregates used in the material, M-CRETE 200 is perfect for feather edging applications.
M-CRETE 200 – Heavy duty Epoxy Screed has very good chemical resistance to a wide variety of common industrial chemicals. For Acid resistant screed, please see.
- Warehouse Floor Repair
- Industrial Floor Areas
- Rebuild Damaged Bunds & Containment Areas
- Resurfacing Loading Bays
- Repair Damaged Steps & Walkways
Please contact us to discuss your project before purchasing this material to confirm suitability.
- For a successful application, the repair area must be as clean, grease-free and dry as possible, with all loose and friable materials removed.
- For manual surface preparation, use grinders, chisels and wire brushes.
- For large areas, a floor grinder or high-pressure wash may be required dependent on the application.
- For best results the mortar must be applied whilst the primer is still wet or tacky.
- Do not apply when the ambient or substrate temperature is below 5°C (40°F).
All repair surfaces must be primed
- Pour the primer (activator) component into the primer (base) component and mix with the spatula provided.
- Once the resin is streak free, apply by brush to the repair area.
- Ensure the primer is pressed into any cracks or pitting and the concrete surface is thoroughly wetted.
- Mix the activator (as marked) with the base component (as marked).
- Mix the two parts in the base tin with the spatula provided.
- Ensure all the material is thoroughly mixed and streak free.
- Pour the contents of the mixed resin into the container the product was delivered in and add the aggregate slowly to the resin.
- Mix the aggregate and resin together with an industrial paddle or forced action mixer.
For applications to concrete surfaces lower than 12°C (50°F), add 75% of the aggregate and check the consistency of the mix.
Colder temperatures will thicken the resin, and therefore less aggregate is required to create a trowel applied product. Add the remaining 25% of aggregate to produce the correct consistency for the repair.
- Once you have the correct consistency, empty the contents of the mixed product onto the floor or repair area.
- Spread the screed with a trowel wooden baton or rubber squeegee and then using a steel float with firm pressure, smooth the material to the desired thickness.
- To improve surface appearance spray clean water onto the face of the float and lightly skim the surface ensuring the material is not overworked as this may bring the resins to the surface.
Natural or Grey milled powder
|Mixing Ratio||By Weight ||9:1
|Sag Resistance||Nil at||20mm|
|Coverage||45kg of mixed product will give the following coverage rates||3.6m² at 5mm
1.8m² at 10mm
0.9m² at 20mm
|Cure Times at 20°C||Minimum overcoating time|
|Storage Life||Unopened and stored in dry conditions (15-30°C)||5 years|
|Abrasion Resistance||Taber CS17 Wheels/1 Kg load||145mg loss/1000 cycles
0.53cc loss/1000 cycles
|Direct Pull off Adhesion||Tested to ASTM D4060||35kg/cm² (500psi)
|Impact Resistance||Tested to ASTM D256||1.8 joules|
|Compressive Strength||Tested to ASTM D 695||880kg/cm² (12500psi)
|Flexural Strength||Tested to ASTM D790||490kg/cm² (7000psi)|
|Shrinkage||Tested to ASTM C246||Nil|
|Chemicals & Concentrations||Test Temperature|
|Acetic Acid 10%|
Ammonia Hydroxide 30%
Chromic Acid 10%
Hydrobromic Acid 40%
Hydrochloric Acid 36%
Nitric Acid 10%
Phosphoric Acid 75%
Sulphuric Acid 98%