M-CERAMIC 403 – Epoxy Ceramic Wear Compound – High Abrasion & High Temperature
Is a two-component solvent free Epoxy Novolac Ceramic Wear Compound containing graded 1.5mm ceramic beads for extreme wear environments from fine particles & wet slurries.
Once cured the repair materials can withstand immersion temperatures up to 130°C & dry temperatures up to 240°C.
Making M-CERMAC 403 – ideal for applications where high temperature and abrasion are present or possible chemical contact.
The material can be applied up to 10mm in a single application without shrinking. Normal application method is by plastic applicator tool, trowel, and spatula.
- Internal Protecting for Pneumatic Pipework
- Wear Resistant lining for Glass Processing Equipment
- Wear Resistant Lining for Dryers, Cyclones & Silos
- Create Wear Plates
- Protect Pipe Elbows
- As a filler for lost Ceramic Wear Tiles
- All oil and grease must be removed from the surface using an appropriate cleaner such as MEK or similar type solvent.
- All surfaces must be abrasive blasted to ISO 8501/4 Standard SA2.5 (SSPC SP10/ NACE 2) minimum blast profile of 75 microns using an angular.
- Once blast cleaned, the surface must be degreased and cleaned using MEK or similar type solvent.
- All surfaces must be coated before gingering or oxidation.
- All oil and grease must be removed from the surface using an appropriate cleaner such as MEK.
- All surfaces must be mechanically abraded using handheld grinders to ISO 8501/4 ST3 (SSPC SP3 ST3).
- Once abraded, the surface must be degreased and cleaned using MEK or similar type material.
- All surfaces must be repaired before gingering or oxidation occurs.
Prior to mixing please ensure the following:
- The base component is at a temperature between 15-25°C.
- Do not apply the material when the ambient or substrate temperature is below 10°C or less than 3°C above dew point.
Mixing full units or by part-mixing.
- If mixing the whole unit, please ensure as much of the base and activator is dispensed from the plastic container onto a clean plastic mixing surface.
- Mix using the spatula provided until a uniform material free of any streakiness is achieved while ensuring no unmixed material is left on the spatula or the mixing surface.
- For part mixing, using a spatula place 2 equal measures from the base unit onto a clean plastic mixing surface. Clean the spatula thoroughly and then take 1 equal measure from the Activator unit and place alongside the Base measures. Mix as above.
Use all mixed material within 25 minutes at 20°C.
- The mixed material should be applied directly to the prepared metal surface at a minimum thickness of 3mm using a spatula or applicator tool.
Mid grey paste
|Mixing Ratio||By Weight |
|Sag Resistance||Nil at||10mm|
|Coverage||5kg at a nominal thickness of||0.747m² at 3mm
0.373m² at 6mm
|Cure Times @ 20°C||Minimum overcoating time |
Maximum overcoating time
|Storage Life||Unopened and stored in dry conditions (15-30°C)||5 years|
|Abrasion Resistance||Taber H10 Wheels/1 Kg load||42mm³ loss/1000 cycles|
|Test to ASTM D4541 on abrasive blasted mild steel with 75 micron profile||272kg/ cm² (3840psi)|
|Tested to ASTM D1002 on abrasive blasted mild steel with 75 micron profile||272kg/ cm² (3840psi)|
|Compressive Strength||Tested to ASTM D 695||1046kg/cm² (14880psi)
|Corrosion Resistance||Tested to ASTM B117||1000 hours|
|Flexural Strength||Tested to ASTM D790||475kg/cm² (6710psi)
|Impact Resistance||Tested to ASTM D256||22J/m|
|Hardness||Shore D to ASTM D2240||89|
|Heat Resistance||Full immersion resistance water/ hydrocarbon immersion to 130°C|
Dry heat resistance Tested to ASTM D2485
|Pass (no blisters)
|Chemical Resistance||The product resists attack by a wide variety of inorganic acids, alkalis, salts and organic media.|
M-CERAMIC 403 – BASE – MSDS
M-CERAMIC 403 – ACTIVATOR – MSDS
|Pot Life @ 20°C||
3:1 By Volume, 5:1 By Weight
|Number of Coats||
Multiple up to 20mm