M-CERAMIC 500 – Epoxy Ceramic High Temperature Coating
Epoxy based Ceramic Coating for the protection of Process & Fluid Flow Equipment. The product is suitable for immersed conditions up to 130°C.
£98.50 – £248.00 Excl VAT
M-CERAMIC 500 - High Temperature Epoxy Ceramic Coating
Is an erosion, corrosion and chemical resistant coating formulated using the latest solvent free epoxy novolac technology, enhanced further with the addition of several grades of high-quality silicone carbide ceramic fillers.
Designed for the long-term protection of fluid-flow and process equipment commonly found in the oil, gas, and chemical industries.
Once cured M-CERAMIC 500 – provides a hard-wearing sacrificial barrier, protecting the parent metal from erosion, corrosion and wear at elevated temperatures up to 130°C continuous immersion dependant on the application.
The material is supplied as a 2-component product (Part A & Part B), that requires mixing before use. Once mixed the product can be applied directly to prepared metal surfaces by short-bristled brush, squeegee or plastic applicator.
- Lining for Pumping Systems & Valves
- Lining for Scrubber Units
- Protection for Corroded Heat Exchangers
- High Temperature Coating for Process Equipment
- Wear Resistant Coating for Fans & Fan Casings
- Internal lining for Pipework
- All oil and grease must be removed from the surface using an appropriate cleaner such as MEK or similar type solvent.
- All surfaces must be abrasive blasted to ISO 8501/4 Standard SA2.5 (SSPC SP10/ NACE 2) minimum blast profile of 75 microns using an angular.
- Once blast cleaned, the surface must be degreased and cleaned using MEK or similar type solvent.
- All surfaces must be coated before gingering or oxidation.
Prior to mixing please ensure the following:
- The base component is at a temperature between 15-25°C.
- Do not apply the material when the ambient or substrate temperature is below 10°C or less than 3°C above dew point.
- Mix both Part-A and part-B together in full units as supplied. For small quantities us a mixing ratio of 4:1 by volume or 10:1 by weight
- When mixing both materials, it is particularly important to have a uniform colour that is streak free.
- Use the mixed coating as soon possible after mixing.
Use all mixed material within 30 minutes at 20°C.
- Stripe coat all edges and corners. Apply the coating at minimum 300 microns using a short bristle brush.
- Allow the stripe coat to cure for 4 hours at 20°C.
- The basecoat should be applied at a minimum thickness of 500 microns using a short-bristled brush.
- Ensure the coating is forced into the blast profile.
- Allow the basecoat to cure for approximately 4 hours at 20°C.
- Once the basecoat has cured hard enough apply the topcoat at a minimum thickness of 500 microns using a short-bristled brush.
Grey Thixotropic liquid
|Mixing Ratio||By Weight |
|Sag Resistance||Nil at||1000 microns|
|Coverage||In normal circumstance this product should be applied in 2 x 500 micron coats.||0.918m² at 500 microns
0.610m² at 750 microns
0.459m² at 1000 microns
|Cure Times @ 20°C||Minimum overcoating time|
Maximum overcoating time
|Storage Life||Unopened and stored in dry conditions (15-30°C)||5 years|
|Abrasion Resistance||Taber CS17 Wheels/1 Kg load||28mm³ loss/1000 cycles|
|Adhesion||Pull off Adhesion tested to ASTM D4541 on abrasive blasted mild steel with 75-micron profile||348kg/ cm² (4950psi)|
|Adhesion||Tensile Shear tested to ASTM D1002 on abrasive blasted mild steel with 75-micron profile||245kg/ cm² (3480psi)|
|Compressive Strength||Tested to ASTM D695||1046kg/cm² (14880psi)|
|Corrosion Resistance||Tested to ASTM B117||5000 hours|
|Flexural Strength||Tested to ASTM D790||614kg/cm² (8710psi)|
|Hardness||Shore D to ASTM D2240||20°C 82
|Heat Distortion||Tested to ASTM D648 at 264psi fibre stress||20°C Cure 53°C
100°C Cure 141°C
150°C Cure 172°C
|Heat Resistance||Full immersion tested water/ hydrocarbon immersion to 130°C|
Steam out tested at 220°C 100hrs exposure
Dry heat tested to ASTM D2485
|Pass (no blisters)
Pass (no blisters)
|Impact Resistance||Tested to ASTM D256||32J/m|
|Chemical Resistance||The product resists attack by a wide variety of aqueous non-acidic solutions and hydrocarbon oils at elevated temperature and other media at lower temperatures.|
M-CERAMIC 500 – BASE – MSDS
M-CERAMIC 500 – ACTIVATOR – MSDS
1 x Plastic Applicator Tool, 1 x Plastic Spatula
18:1 By Weight, 7:1 By Volume
|Number of Coats||
|Pot Life @ 20°C||