M-CERAMIC 200 - Epoxy Ceramic Coating
Is a solvent free Epoxy Coating with the addition of graded silicone carbide fillers. Once cured the material offers excellent erosion and corrosion resistant properties.
The product is designed for the long-term protection of Worn Pumps Components or for plant and equipment, suffering material lose due to erosion, corrosion such as Heat Exchangers.
The material is supplied as a 2-component product (PART A & PART B), that requires mixing before use, once mixed the product can be applied directly to prepared metal surfaces by brush, squeegee or plastic applicator.
- All oil and grease must be removed from the surface using an appropriate cleaner such MEK or similar type solvent.
- All surfaces must be abrasive blasted to ISO 8501/4 Standard SA2.5 (SSPC SP10/ NACE 2) minimum blast profile of 75 microns using an angular.
- Once blast cleaned, the surface must be degreased and cleaned using MEK or similar type solvent.
- All surfaces must be coated before gingering or oxidation.
- All oil and grease must be removed from the surface using an appropriate cleaner such as MEK.
- All surfaces must be mechanically abraded using handheld grinders to ISO 8501/4 ST3 (SSPC SP3 ST3).
- Once abraded, the surface must be degreased and cleaned using MEK or similar type material.
- All surfaces must be repaired before gingering or oxidation occurs.
Prior to mixing please ensure the following:
- The base component is at a temperature between 15-25°C.
- Do not apply the material when the ambient or substrate temperature is below 5°C or less than 3°C above dew point.
- Mix both Part-A and part-B together in full units as supplied. For small quantities us a mixing ratio of 3:1 by volume or 8:1 by weight
- When mixing both materials, it is particularly important to have a uniform light grey or dark grey fluid that is streak free.
- Once mixing is complete, use the mixed paste as soon possible after mixing.
Use all mixed material within 20-25 minutes at 20°C.
- Apply the mixed material directly to the prepared surface as soon as possible after mixing. For best results the material has been designed to be applied as a two-coat system.
- Basecoat should be applied directly to prepared and cleaned metal surface at a minimum wet film thickness of 250 microns. (dark grey fluid) using a short-bristled brush, spatula, squeegee or plastic applicator.
- Topcoat should be applied directly over the basecoat at a minimum wet film thickness of 250 microns. (light grey fluid).
- The topcoat should be applied over the base coat as soon as possible after application but not exceeding 6 hours, using a short-bristled brush, spatula, squeegee or plastic applicator.
|Light grey or blue paste
Thixotropic dark grey or blue fluid
|Mixing Ratio||By Weight |
|Sag Resistance||Nil at||400 microns|
|Coverage||Per 1kg||1.78 sqm/kg at 250 microns
1.48 sqm/kg at 300 microns
1.28 sqm/kg at 350 microns
|Cure Times @ 20°C||Minimum overcoating time|
Maximum overcoating time
|Storage Life||Unopened and stored in dry conditions (15-30°C)||5 years|
|Abrasion Resistance||Taber CS17 Wheels/1 Kg load||20mm³ loss/1000 cycles
|Adhesion Pull-Off||Tested To ASTM D4541 on abrasive blasted mild steel with 75 micron profile||244 kg/ cm² (3480 psi)|
|Adhesion Tensile Shea||Tested to ASTM D1002 on abrasive blasted mild steel with 75-micron profile||202kg/ cm² (2875psi)|
|Compressive Strength||Tested to ASTM D 695||960kg/cm² (13650psi)|
|Corrosion Resistance||Tested to ASTM B117||5000 hours|
|Flexural Strength||Tested to ASTM D790||635kg/cm² (9,000psi)|
|Hardness||Rockwell R to ASTM ASTM D785||100|
|Heat Distortion||Tested to ASTM D648 at 264psi fibre stress.||20°C Cure 48°C
100°C Cure 95°C
|Heat Resistance||Suitable for use in immersed conditions at temperatures up to:|
Resistant to dry heat up to:
200°C Dependant on load.
|Chemical Resistance||The product resists attack by a wide variety of inorganic acids, alkalis, salts and organic media.|
M-CERAMIC 200 – BASE – MSDS
M-CERAMIC 200 – ACTIVATOR – MSDS
1 x Plastic Applicator Tool, 1 x Plastic Spatula
Blue, Light grey
3:1 By Volume, 8:1 By Weight
|Number of Coats||
|Pot Life @ 20°C||
20/ 25 Mins